10) Pins - This is not something I personally collect, but my daughter loves the whole process of collecting pins and pin trading. I have to admit, many of the pins are very cool and it’s a great way to interact with other guests and Cast Members throughout the parks. After each trip we buy a shadow box from Michael’s or Jo-Ann’s to make a wonderful snapshot keepsake of what was ‘hot’ during that vacation.
9) Pressed Pennies - The pressed penny machines are EVERYWHERE throughout all 4 parks and offer quite a few characters and themes to suit the taste of just about any collector. During a visit while my girls were very little, we made a pressed penny book of all the rides and attractions they experienced that trip. We even included pennies from our resort hotel and many of the restaurants or other resorts we visited, too. It’s fun to look back at what they enjoyed as little tykes.
7) Purses - Dooney & Bourke, Vera Bradley, Le Sportsac, Loungefly, Harveys. All beautiful. All must haves. How do you choose just one?
5) Clothing - Don’t think of just t-shirts and sweatshirts…there’s so much more! I have pj’s and socks and scarves and yoga pants and Crocs and sweatpants and jackets and hats and tanks…and so much more. I wear my gear with pride!
4) Mugs - At least one manages to find its way home in my suitcase and into that already overfilled cupboard in my kitchen. But I can’t say no. I’ve tried.
3) MagicBands - I’ve been working on getting one of every color, and now you can purchase limited editions and other character offerings in the parks. Minnie Mouse? Yes, please! Haunted Mansion themed? But of course. Another day, another collection started.
2) Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Cards - Haven’t heard of these yet? Well it’s only a matter of time. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a fun interactive game that is played throughout the Magic Kingdom. Cards are used during game play and each has a different character or theme that is used to further yourself in the game. There are special cards handed out during special events such as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. These particular cards are much sought after and very collectible. Get your first set of cards and instructions from the Fire Station in Magic Kingdom to join in the fun!
1) Disney Themed Art - Animation Cels, Jim Shore, Precious Moments, hand blown glass…all gorgeous works of art that can be brought home to express your love of all things Disney. The Art of Disney stores offer a full range of masterpieces for your walls at home as well as figurines, trinket boxes and many other wonderful keepsakes. Just take my money!
I’m sure by the end of my next vacation this list will grow by 1 or 2 (or 3 or 4!). There’s a never ending stream of awesomeness filling the gift shops. What have you found that you can’t live without during your visits to Walt Disney World?