For everyone who has been waiting to book their 2015 vacation, we have confirmation of when you can book! July 30th, vacation packages will become available for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani.
If you would like to join our list and receive a free quote as soon as bookings are released, send us an email at Vacations@KingdomKonsultant.com, or fill out our quote form. We never charge any fees for our services!
|courtesy Disney Parks Blog|
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Premium Event Registration opens July 31st!
Starting at 7 am EST on the 31st, you can secure your spot for the special events by calling 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378). The Food and Wine Festival runs from September 19th- November 10th this year.
Here is the list of events, from the Disney Parks Blog:
- Parisian Breakfast (Saturdays) $39 pp
- “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery (October 3, 10 and 17) $59 or $99 pp – this also can be booked at epcotfoodfestival.com
- Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining (more than 20 dinners throughout the festival; prices vary)
- Shake and Indulge Like the French Featuring Grand Marnier (Saturdays beginning September 27) $55 pp
- Cheese Seminars (Saturdays) $79 pp
- Party for the Senses (October 4, 11, 18 and November 1) $149, $189 or $299 pp – this also can be booked at epcotfoodfestival.com
- Party for the Senses Featuring Disney Chefs from Around the World (October 25) $149, $189 or $299 pp
- Food & Wine Pairings (Tuesdays and Thursdays) $55 pp
- Sunday Mornings With … (Sundays) $99 pp
- Dining Through the Decades, A Tribute to Walt Disney (October 24) $99 pp or $119 pp
- Experience Puerto Rico – The All Star Island (September 20) $99 pp
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — Boot Camp Series interactive epicurean adventure (September 21, October 5, 12, 19, Nov. 2) $119 pp
- Food for Thought (Fridays, plus Saturday October 11) $169 pp
- Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing (Wednesdays) $55 pp
- Italian White Truffle & Wine Pairing Dinner (October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30) $295 pp
Disney has announced that 'Trattoria al Forno' will replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk in late 2014.
Menu items will include handcrafted mozzarella made daily, cavatelli (small dumpling-shaped pasta) and a variety of Neopolitan-style pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.
The official Disney Parks Blog shares the following details.
"Italy is just half the size of Texas but has wonderfully diverse cuisine, and Trattoria al Forno will showcase dishes from Italy’s various regions – for instance, braised beef Bolognese with house-made cavatelli from Bologna, semolina tagliatelli carbonara from Latium (more specifically Rome), pork chop alla Milanese named after the city of Milano. And you’ll find classic Italian favorites: chicken breast alla Parmagiana with tagliatelle pasta; shrimp with garlic, capers and anchovy butter with polenta; whole roasted fish with roasted vegetables; baked lasagna; grilled steak; slow-cooked lamb shank with polenta; and eggplant rollatini.
A seasonal risotto will always be on the menu, and vegetarians will appreciate the ruffled campanelle pasta with green beans, roasted potatoes and Genovese pesto.
|Image courtesy Disney Parks Blog|
Add a classic Italian dessert with an after-dinner cappuccino for a perfect ending. Look for tiramisù, lemon panna cotta with almond crunch and berries, gelatos, and the signature bomboloni (Italian donut holes) with dark chocolate and vanilla gelato.
Wines will be 100 percent Italian from historic wine regions including Tuscany, Veneto and Piedmont, with over 60 offerings by the bottle and more than 25 wines by the glass – Chiantis, Super Tuscans and fine Italian white wines such as Prosecco, Pinot Grigio and Moscato. Signature cocktails and Italian beers and sodas round out the drink menu, with a signature-blend Italian coffee roasted just for Trattoria al forgo."
Notice of commencements have been filed for 'Rivers of Light' construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom and they suggest that there will be at least two viewing areas for the water based show.
The permits include
● Asia Viewing Area Control Building
● Dinoland EER Completion
● Dinoland Viewing Area
● Discovery Island Light Bunkers Completion
● Asia Viewing Area
|image courtesy Disney Parks Blog|
Rivers of Light is expected to open in March 2016.
Monorail Gold passengers got a little more than they bargained for on July 13. At about 6:00 PM the monorail lost power due to severe weather and the guests had to be evacuated from the Monorail.
The power failure took place around 6pm on July 13 2014, affecting most of the monorail system. The other monorails operating on the system were able to restart, but Monorail Gold, operating on the Epcot beam, was unable to restart. In a case of sheer bad luck, the monorail happened to come to a halt right on top of the switch track for the Epcot beam, located near to the Wilderness Lodge Resort. The position of the broken-down monorail meant that the usual rescue trains that operate on the monorail beams were unable to reach the stranded Monorail Gold.
With temperatures rising inside the monorail and no quick way of moving the monorail, the decision was made to evacuate the passengers. Although Disney routinely rehearses the evacuation of the monorails, it is rarely done with park guests. The evacuation was done using a vehicle specifically designed for this purpose.
Reedy Creek emergency services began the evacuation at around 7:00 PM, and the approximately 120 guests on board were all evacuated by around 8:00 PM. No injuries were reported.
Post a Comment