Welcome to the latest edition of Ears the News
Brought to you by our friends at WDWMagic.com.
OtterBox and Disney announced this week that OtterBox will be the "Official Protective Case" of Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort as part of a new multi-year strategic alliance.
This will bring OtterBox cases to several D-Tech locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort and eventually expand OtterBox's in-park presence.
"The collaboration between OtterBox and Disney allows us to combine the trusted protection of OtterBox with the magic of Disney Parks," OtterBox CEO Jim Parke said. "Not only can we help protect guests' precious memories inside the park and beyond, but we can help them express their passion for Disney with cases that represent some of their favorite characters and attractions."
|Photo courtesy of Disney.|
OtterBox will also collaborate with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media to offer a wide variety of brand new case designs. The first will be a signature series called the Classic Disney Collection, featuring timeless Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse designs on OtterBox Symmetry Series for iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus.
"This alliance joins two companies that share a commitment to providing high-quality products and experiences," said Carlos Castro, vice president of Disney Corporate Alliances. "We are thrilled to collaborate with OtterBox and look forward to introducing a variety of new Disney-inspired merchandise for our guests to enjoy."
Symmetry Series Classic Disney Collection cases are available now for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus on otterbox.com and are coming soon to D-Tech retail locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
The Speedway gas station that is located near to Disney's BoardWalk Resort will be closing for refurbishment.
Beginning at 1:00 PM on Sunday November 5, 2017, the closure is expected to last for around 2 weeks.
During the work, the Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom locations will continue to operate as normal.
Disney's Hollywood Studios unveiled its latest Christmas projection show during an Annual Passholder preview ahead of its official start on November 9.
Sunset Seasons Greetings is a 15 minute show made up of 4 Disney character moments:
- Mickey and Minnie reminiscing about a hometown Christmas as the scene shifts into a romanticized, Norman Rockwell-inspired town—starting in black and white before slowly changing into color.
- The Toy Story characters guessing which new toys are coming this Christmas as the scene becomes covered in holiday wrapping paper.
- The Swedish Chef from The Muppets babbling as only he can while the scene turns into giant gingerbread houses.
- And finally, Olaf pining over his holiday wish as iconic music plays and the scene freezes over into a Frozen winter wonderland—complete with dancing Aurora Borealis lights and projected falling snow.
All of the action takes place from the Planet Hollywood Store towards Tower of Terror, so great viewing can be found anywhere in that area.
The show will run continuously each evening November 9 to December 31, 2017, from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Watch this video courtesy of WDWMagic.com.
Having trouble viewing the video? Click here to watch on YouTube.
The Magic Kingdom's seasonally operated Tomorrowland Terrace quick service restaurant is now open for a limited time offering Mobile Order only.
Operating through to November 11, 2017 from 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM, guests can only purchase food via the My Disney Experience Mobile Order service.
Menu items include Pulled Pork Banh Mi sandwich at $11.29, Cheeseburger at $12.29, Chicken Strips at $10.99 and a Spicy Chicken Sandwich at $9.99.
Mobile Order allows you to pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, bypassing the queue to order at the restaurant. Using the app, you can select menu items, customize an order and pre-pay for a meal.
Arriving at the restaurant, you'll tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. When ready, you'll be alerted through the app to pick up the meal at a designated window. Only credit card payments will initially be accepted via Mobile Order, Disney Dining Plan guests and those wishing to use a discount will have to use the regular line.
The 2017 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party season kicked off on November 9, and as in previous years, there is as special Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom card.
This year's party-exclusive card, “Rover’s Christmas Carousel of Progress” features Rover from Carousel of Progress. According to Imagineer Jonathan Ackley, Carousel of Progress was chosen to be featured on this season’s card “because Merlin is inspired by the Carousel of Progress’ celebration of human innovation.”
|Photo courtesy of WDWMagic.com|
To get started, visit the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A., where you can pick up complimentary key cards, spell cards and maps (additional cards can be purchased at select merchandise locations).
The first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was on November 9, 2017 at the Magic Kingdom, and we have all the entertainment schedules and treat locations to help your planning.
There is a new arrival experience this year, with the park closing to day guests at 6:00 PM.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish - 6:15pm, 8:15pm
- Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration on the castle stage - 7:40pm, 9:25pm, 10:30pm, 11:55pm
- Club Tinsel dance party at Cosmic Ray's - 7pm to 12am
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas on The Rockettower Plaza Stage - 7:45pm, 8:35pm, 9:25pm, 10:45pm, 11:35pm
- VoicePlay on the Rockettower Plaza Stage - 8:10pm, 9pm, 10:20pm, 11:10pm
- Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade beginning in Frontierland - 8:30pm and 11pm
- Holiday Wishes - 10pm
- The Reindeer Wranglers (Frontierland) - 7:15pm, 8:05pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm, 11:45pm
- Complimentary treats are available until midnight at:
- Sno-cone and snowman soft pretzel at Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland
- Eggnog and Ginger Molasses Cookie at Ticket Office in Liberty Square
- Silky Smooth Dove chocolate and sparkling apple cider at Friar’s Nook in Fantasyland
- Nesquik chocolate milk and peppermint crunch cookie at Pete’s Silly Sideshow Storybook Circus in Fantasyland
- Hot chocolate, apple cider and a variety of cookies at Pinocchio's Village Haus
- Santa Claus cookie and Sno-cone at Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland
- Hot chocolate and Snickerdoodle cookie at Cosmic Ray's Cafe.
- Main Street U.S.A.
- Santa Claus, Mickey Mouse
- Aladdin, Jasmine, genie and Abu, Captain Jack Sparrow, Moana, Peter Pan
- Country Bears
- Liberty Square
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws
- Ariel and Prince Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Belle, Pooh and Friends, Seven Dwarfs, Snow White and Prince, Aurora and Prince Phillip, Elena of Avalor, Minnie Mouse, Scrooge McDuck, Donald and Daisy, Santa Goofy, Mary Poppins and Bert, Tiana and Naveen.
- Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps
- Main Street U.S.A.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Town Square Theater
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Jingle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain (from November 17)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square
- Haunted Mansion
Photo courtesy of WDWMagic.com.
- it's a small world
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Space Mountain
- Astro Orbiter
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (to 10pm)
- Main Street Bakery serves a Holiday Mickey cinnamon roll, yule log, peppermint cupcake
- Sleepy Hollow serves a Sandy Claws dessert, red velvet Mickey waffles
- Main Street U.S.A.
- Main Street Bakery
- Plaza Ice Cream
- Casey's Corner
- The Crystal Palace (to 8pm)
- Aloha Isle
- Pecos Bill
- Westward Ho
- Liberty Square
- Columbia Harbor House (to 8pm)
- Sleepy Hollow
- Liberty Square Market (to 9pm)
- Storybook Treats
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Gaston's Tavern (to 10pm)
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (to 11pm)
- The Lunching Pad
|Photo courtesy of WDWMagic.com.|
The refurbishment is planned to begin on January 8 through to February 1, with a reopening to guests on February 2, 2018.
Splash Mountain is nearing the end of a major refurbishment, which began on August 28, lasting through to November 16, 2017.
Pirates of the Caribbean will be closing in February 2018 for a three week refurbishment that is expected to see the introduction of the new auction scene.
The refurbishment is scheduled to begin February 26 through to March 18, reopening to guests on March 19, 2018.
Disney has previously announced that the iconic auction scene will see the redhead play a new role, joining the pirate ranks and overseeing the pirate auction of the townspeople's valuables.
A similar scene opened at Disneyland Paris this past summer, and the change will come to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2018.
Pirates of the Caribbean last saw a major change with the introduction of characters and elements from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise back in 2006.
Stitch's Great Escape! at the Magic Kingdom will return to operation during the busy Christmas week.
The Tomorrowland attraction will operate from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, December 23, 2017 to January 6, 2018.
Looking to plan your next trip to Walt Disney World? Contact the agents at Kingdom Konsultant Travel to help you plan your dream vacation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote today.