Never used a MagicBand before? No problem! Here are some MagicBand basics to get you started.
1. What does the MagicBand do?
The MagicBand links various aspects of your vacation into one simple band. It is quite the magical band!
You can use your MagicBand to:
- Board Disney's Magical Express motorcoach service from the Orlando International Airport. Bypass the DME counter and walk right up to the entrance, tap the Mickey on your band and then get ready to board your motorcoach to your Disney Resort.
- Open the door to your Disney Resort hotel room.
- Enter the theme parks and water parks with a valid admission ticket linked to your account.
- Check-in at FastPass+ entrances.
- Redeem Dining Plan entitlements at participating restaurants.
- Add PhotoPass pictures to your account.
- Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room when you have linked a credit card to your MagicBand.
At the parks, walk up to a touch point, touch your band to the Mickey icon and then hold your finger on the scanner. Once the touch point has turned green, you are off to enjoy your day at the parks.
When using your Disney Dining Plan entitlements at table service restaurants, your server will bring over a portable scanner for you to use at the end of your meal. Simply tap your MagicBand to the scanner and the
credits for the meal will be deducted from your plan. When using quick service credits, you'll simply touch the band at the order point instead of paying with cash or credit.
When making purchases, scan your MagicBand to the touch point and then enter in your 4 digit pin code to approve the payment.
If you have purchased the Memory Maker, your ride photos will automatically be linked to your account courtesy of your MagicBand! If you haven't purchased the Memory Maker, no worries. You can still purchase your attraction photos by visiting the photo sales counter at most attractions with on-ride pictures.
|MagicBands come in 8 different colors|
Yes. Once you have linked your Walt Disney World Resort reservation in your My Disney
Experience account you can begin to customize your MagicBands. On the My Disney Experience website, you can choose from 8 colors and enter the name you would like to appear on the inside of your MagicBand. If you do not customize your MagicBands on the My Disney Experience website by the deadline listed in your account, you will receive grey MagicBands when you check-in to your resort.
|Give your MagicBand a little more "character" by painting it|
If you are crafty and like DIY projects, you can customize your MagicBand with a little imagination! You can paint a design on the band, add stickers or temporary tattoos, or use glitter nail polish to make it sparkle.
4. Do MagicBands come in adult and children sizes?
MagicBands are one size fits all but they can be resized for children. Disney has designed the band so it fits an adult wrist, but you can adjust it to a child size by simply removing the grey edge of the band.
|Place Mickey-to-Mickey to open your Disney resort room|
5. Do I have to stay on Property to get a MagicBand?
No. If you choose to stay off property, you can purchase your MagicBand for $12.95 plus tax at Walt Disney World Resort merchandise locations and at Downtown Disney. Specialty bands are also available and can be purchased for $19.95-$24.95 plus tax.
6. Can I have multiple MagicBands?
Yes. You will receive a new MagicBand for each Walt Disney World Resort hotel stay. You can also purchase specialty MagicBands at select locations and link it to your My Disney Experience account. Previous MagicBands will also work on future trips- so you can bring them back and accessorize!
7. Where can I get a special event MagicBands, such as Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party?
At this time, these special event MagicBands are only available for purchase at the event. Your event guide map will tell you where you can purchase special event items.
8. Do I have to take the MagicBand off to go swimming?
No. A great thing about the MagicBand is that it is water proof. You don’t have to worry about it while you are enjoying a swim or on Splash Mountain!
9. How does the MagicBand work?
MagicBands use Radio Frequency technology to enhance your experience at the Walt Disney World Resort. Each MagicBand contains an RFID chip that sends out a signal that can be detected by short and long range readers through the Resort. The technology is linked directly to your My Disney Experience account to give you personalized experiences.
Walt Disney always loved the idea of progress, the future, and moving forward. MagicBands and the entire MyMagic+ system are great examples of how technology that once seemed futuristic has been made simple and accessible, to help create a seamless vacation experience. We can't wait to see what new conveniences they may bring!