Hello there, Disney fans!
Well, it's time to write one of my very favorite posts of the year... the announcing of the details, (and MENUS!), of Epcot's 2016 International Food and Wine Festival! Along with Holidays Around the World and Flower and Garden, Food and Wine is one of the top highlights on the Walt Disney World calendar and one event that I personally am SO excited to attend! It's a delicious and exciting culinary adventure around the world that anyone that likes food, (and who doesn't????), or alcohol, (again...), is sure to love. Let's check out what's new and exciting this year, as well as what old favorites will be returning!
Did you know that at Food and Wine, you can catch some of the most fun concerts from famous artists of days gone by, try amazing bites and sips, AND learn culinary tricks of the trade from some of the top chefs in the industry? Well, you can! And this year is set to be better than EVER! Here's why...
First of all, this year's Food and Wine Festival will be the longest running yet, with two full months to enjoy the festivities. The festival officially opens on September 14th and will run through November 14th.
Eat to the Beat Concerts
This year's festival is truly going to ROCK because the concert lineup for the Eat to the Beat concerts looks awesome, including a few brand new acts! Check it out:
- September 14th-15th – Wang Chung (“Everybody Have Fun Tonight") NEW!!!!
- September 16th-18th – Starship with Mickey Thomas (“We Built This City”)
- September 19th-20th – Air Supply (“I'm All Out of Love")
- September 21st-23rd – BoDeans (“Good Things") NEW!!!!
- September 24th-25th – Fuel (“Hemorrhage")
- September 26th-28th – Sugar Ray (“Fly")
- September 29th-30th – Los Lobos (“La Bamba")
- October 1st-2nd – David Cook from American Idol (“Light On")
- October 3rd-4th – Wilson Phillips (“Hold On")
- October 5th-6th – Blues Traveler (“Run Around")
- October 7th-9th – Plain White T's (“Hey There Delilah") NEW!!!
- October 10th-11th – 38 Special (“Hold On Loosely")
- October 12th-13th – Jeffrey Osborne (“On the Wings of Love") NEW!!!
- October 14th-16th – Tiffany (“I Think We're Alone Now")
- October 17th-19th – Dennis DeYoung: Music of STYX (“Come Sail Away")
- October 2oth-21st – Christopher Cross (“Sailing")
- October 22nd-23rd – Toad the Wet Sprocket (“All I Want") NEW!!!
- October 24th-25th – Chaka Khan (“I'm Every Woman")
- October 26th-27th – Billy Ocean (“Caribbean Queen")
- October 28th-29th – Living Colour (“Cult of Personality") NEW!!!
- October 30th-November 1st – Hanson (“MMMBop")
- November 2nd-3rd – Soul Asylum (“Runaway Train") NEW!!!
- November 4th-6th – Delta Rae (“Run") NEW!!!
- November 7th-9th – Boyz II Men (“Motown Philly")
- November 10th-11th – Sister Hazel (“All For You")
- November 12th-14th – Big Bad VooDoo Daddy (“Go Daddy-O")
Awesome, right??? Keep in mind, of course, that all entertainment is subject to change, but typically the shows stay pretty much as is. Each concert night, three shows are performed, one at 5:30pm, one at 6:45pm and one at 8pm. And the best part about these concerts? They are included with park admission! (Though, as they have in previous years, dining packages will be available, which include a meal at your selected restaurant, and priority seating at one of the concerts. For more information, contact Kingdom Konsultant Travel.)
Global Markets (aka: "The Booths")
Probably the most popular reason to be at the Festival is for the Global Marketplaces, 29 kiosk booths, located all around the park, selling snack sized food items and sample sized drinks, alcoholic and non. Each booth has either a cultural theme, (like Patagonia or Australia), or a culinary theme, (like Brewer's Collection or Chocolate Studio). This year's menus look AMAZING!!!! Get ready to salivate while we check 'em out!
(BLUE marks a Food Item, while RED marks beverages.)
- Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread
- Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapenos, Tomatoes and Pap
- Simonsig Pinotage
- Indaba Chenin Blanc
- Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz
- Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
- Lamington: Yellow Cake dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Peppers, Onions and Sanp Peas
- Yangarra Estate Vineyard Shiraz
- Bulletin Place Unoaked Chardonnay
- Coopers Brewery Extra Strong Vintage Ale
- Chateau Tanunda Grand Barossa Dry Riesling
- Beer-Braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashes Potatoes
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream
- Hoegaarden Witbier
- Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale
- Stella Artois Hard Cider
- Pao de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans and Tomatoes
- Escondidinho de Carne: Layered Meat Pie with Mashed Yucca
- Kaiser Brewery Xingu Black Beer
- Carnaval Moscato Sparkling White Wine, Serra Gaucha
- Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaca
- Schofferhofer Zitrone Weizen-Mix
- Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse
- Radeberger Zwickle Pilsner (Unfiltered)
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, served with Pretzel Roll
- "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
- Moosehead Lager
- Neige Premier Apple Ice Wine, Quebec
- Fielding Estate Red Conception
THE CHEW COLLECTIVE
- Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce
- Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots and Feta Cheese
- Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle
- Festival Chardonnay, CA
- Festival Cabernet Sauvignon, CA
- Chicken Pot Stickers
- Sichuan Spicy Chicken
- Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
- Beijing Roasted Duck in a Steamed Bun with Hoisin Sauce
- Tsingtao Lager
- Strawberry Plum Wine Cooler with Takara Plum Wine
- Ritzy Lychee with Courvoisier Cognac VS Smirnoff Vodka
- Kung Fu Punch with Smirnoff Vodka and Bols Triple Sec
- Happy Peach with Dekuyper Peach Liquor and Myers's Dark Rum
- Mango Bubble Tea with Assam Black Tea and Milk
CHOCOLATE STUDIO (NEW!!!)
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffle
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Torte
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel
- Fonseca Bin No. 27 Port
- Justin Cabernet Sauvignon
- Rosa Regale Sweet Sparkling Wine
- Blandy’s Alvada 5yr-Old Madeira
- Pimento Cheese Dip with Pretzel Crisps
- Charcuterie Plate with Country Pâté, Cured Meats and Crostini
- Piggy Wings - Fried Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Orlando Brewing OTown Weiss, Orlando, FL
- Florida Beer Company Passport 20 Belgian-Style Tripel Ale, Cape Canaveral, FL
- Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Plant City, FL
- Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner, Miami, FL
- 3 Daughters Bimini Twist IPA, St. Petersburg, FL
- Shipyard Midnight Snack Milk Stout, Clearwater, FL
- Beer Flights
DESSERTS AND CHAMPAGNE
- Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin “Yellow Label” Brut
- Dom Pérignon Brut
- Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Rosé
- Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial
- Hard Soda Floats with Vanilla Soft-Serve (alcoholic): Best Damn Hard Root Beer Float, Sprecher Hard Cherry Cola Float or Sprecher Hard Orange Cream Soda Float
- Soda Floats with Vanilla Soft-Serve (non-alcoholic): Coca-Cola Float, Grape Fanta Float or Strawberry Fanta Float
- Chicken and Dumplings: Stewed Chicken with Mushrooms and Spinach
- Pickled Beet Salad with Herbed Goat Cheese, Minus 8 Vinaigrette and Toasted Walnuts
- Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions
- Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider
- Wyder's Dry Pear Hard Cider
- Two Henrys Elderberry Hard Cider
- Florida Orange Groves Mango Mama Wine
- Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
- Soupe à l’oignon au Gruyère et Cognac: Gruyère and Cognac Onion Soup
- Boeuf Bourguignon: Cabernet Sauvignon-braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes
- Crème Brûlée Caramel Chocolat: Caramel and Chocolate Crème Brûlée topped with Caramelized Sugar
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Pale Lager
- Chardonnay, Bourgogne Blanc, Mommessin, La Clé Saint-Pierre
- Merlot & Cabernet Blend, Bordeaux, Château les Graves de Barrau
- St-Germain Sparkling Kir: Sparkling Wine and St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Frozen Daiquiri Ice Pop: Strawberry Puree with French Caribbean Rhum Clément
- La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice
- Roast Bratwurst in a Hard Roll
- Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce
- Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
- J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel
- Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese, Mosel
- J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling, Mosel
- Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki
- Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce featuring Oikos Greek Yogurt
- Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake Soaked in Ouzo with Yogurt Whipped Cream and Pistachios
- Domaine Skouras Moscofilero
- Domaine Siglas Assyrtiko
- Alpha Estate Axia Syrah Xinomavro
- Spicy Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Nori Rice
- Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine
- Kona Brewing Company, Big Wave Golden Ale
- Mai Tai featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum
HOPS AND BARLEY
- New England Lobster Roll
- Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing
- Samuel Adams Rebel Grapefruit IPA, Boston, MA
- Anchor Brewing Liberty Ale, San Francisco, CA
- Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, Milton, DE
- La Crema Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
- Cambria Estate Winery Benchbreak Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara County
- Frozen Orange-spiked Tea featuring Florida Cane “Orlando Orange” Vodka
- Seafood Fisherman's Pie
- Irish Cheese Selection Plate: Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Irish Porter
- Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
- Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale
- Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
- Twinings Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka
- Twinings Pumpkin Chai Tea and Caramel Shake (Non-alcoholic)
ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN (NEW!!!)
- Jamaican Beef Patty
- Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice and Pickled Red Onions
- Pescado con Coco: Seared Grouper, Pigeon Peas and Rice with Coconut Sauce
- Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
- Presidente Pilsner
- Frozen Mojito
- Caribbean Sangria
- Pennete alla Parmigiana: Baked Ziti and Chicken Parmigiana, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
- Spezzatino alla Toscana con Polenta: Tuscan-style Stew with Carrots, Mushrooms and Crispy Polenta
- Cannoli al Cioccolato: Chocolate-covered Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit
- Moretti Lager
- Moretti La Rossa Double Malt Beer
- Pinot Grigio, Placido
- Chianti, Placido
- Prosecco, Fantinel Borgo
- Corbinello Spumante Dolce Rose, Montegrande
- Fior d’Arancio Moscato Spumante, Montegrande
- Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
- Spicy Sushi Roll: Tuna and Salmon with Kazan Volcano Sauce
- Grilled Spicy Edamame tossed with Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce and Chili Powder
- Garlic Shrimp: Marinated Shrimp sautéed with Garlic and Butter and served over Rice
- Kirin Pale Lager
- Sapporo Black Lager
- Pineapple Breeze Sake Cocktail
- Echigo “Northern Bloom” Junmai Sake
- Taco de Camarón: Battered Shrimp served over a Flour Tortilla with Crispy Purple Cabbage and Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Barbacoa Enchilada: Corn Tortilla filled with Beef Barbacoa and covered with Oaxaca Mole
- Flan de Chocolate Abuelita: Mexican Chocolate Custard
- Bohemia Pilsner with Floater
- Mexican-style Red Sangria
- Mezcal Pineapple Margarita on the Rocks
- Jalapeño Margarita on the Rocks
- Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket
- Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce
- Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Casa Pale Lager
- Les Trois Domaines Guerrouane White Wine
- Moroccan Sangria
- Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur
- Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce and Kumara Dumpling
- Nobilo Icon Pinot Noir
- Kim Crawford Pinot Gris
- Mohua Sauvignon Blanc
- Beef Empanada
- Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée
- Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri
- Verum Pinot Noir
- Bodega Noemía A Lisa Malbec
- Golabki: Pork-stuffed Cabbage in Tomato Sauce
- Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream
- Okocim O.K. Beer Euro Pale Lager
- Donausonne Blaufränkisch Hungarian Wine
- Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka
- Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew with Neeps and Tatties
- Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herbed Sour Cream
- The Tipsy Laird: Whiskey-soaked Cake with Lemon Cream and Toasted Oats
- Citrus Thistle featuring Hendrick's Gin
- Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Aged Stout
- Roasted Pork Lettuce Wrap and Kimchi
- Korean-style BBQ Beef with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi
- Vegan Korean BBQ with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi featuring Gardein Beefless Tips
- iCing Grapefruit Sparkling Rice Brew
- Bohae Bokbunjajoo Raspberry Wine
- Soju Fruit Slushy featuring Jinro Chamisul Soju
WINE AND DINE STUDIO (NEW!!!)
- Pork Tenderloin with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction
- Seared Scallop, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce
- Trio of Artisan Cheese
- La Bonne Vie Goat Cheese served with toasted Craisin Bread
- Karst Cave-aged Cheddar Cheese served with Fig Compote
- Statesboro Blue Cheese served with Spiced Candied Walnuts
- Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese
- Trio of Artisan Cheese paired with Conundrum White Blend 25th Anniversary, Kurt Russell’s GoGi “Goldie” Chardonnay and Robert Mondavi Maestro Red Blend
- Round Pond Estate Sauvignon Blanc, Rutherford
- Kurt Russell’s GoGi “Goldie” Chardonnay, Sta. Rita Hills
- Conundrum White Blend 25th Anniversary, California
- Vinum Cellars Pinot Noir, Monterey
- Kurt Russell’s GoGi “Tiger” Pinot Noir, Sta. Rita Hills
- Michael David Winery Seven Deadly Zins Zinfandel, Lodi
- Robert Mondavi Winery Maestro Red Blend, Napa Valley
I've just told you about the highlights of Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival, but there's even more to enjoy, like....
Remy's Ratatouille Hide and Squeak
Kids and adults alike will enjoy roaming from country to country, seeking out Remy! Little statues of the rat hide around World Showcase and you can seek him out, playing for fun, or you can buy a map and sticker set at a nearby gift shop, and once you locate all of the Remys, turn it in to collect a prize!
ABC's The Chew: Live from the Festival
October 5th-7th, join the cast of The Chew, as they film their cooking/talk show. Believe it or not, our whole family are huge fans, including The Littles, so we will likely be there!
A massive array of culinary geniuses will make appearances at this year's festival, including Andrew Zimmern, Duff Goldman, Masaharu Morimoto and many more. For the full list of appearances, click HERE.
The Festival Center, located inside the old Wonders of Life Pavilion, hosts all sorts of classes, displays and experiences, including:
- Back to Basics Sessions: (Fridays-Sundays at 1:15 and 3:15pm) Learn tricks and tips from the pros.
- Book and Bottle Signings and Meet and Greets: (Consult Times Guide) Meet some of your favorite chefs and vintners.
- Seasons of the Vine: (Continuous) A 7 minute film on the wine-making process.
- Festival Stage- Hosted by ABC's The Chew: (Continuous) Watch clips of The Chew talk show, as well as pick up a list of 'Chew Approved' Food and Wine eats!
- StockPot Shop: Pick up some of the best kitchen gadgets and cookware out there.
- Wine Shop: Grab a bottle of your favorite red or white, or try something brand new.
- The Chocolate Experience- From Bean to Bar: Join the folks from Ghirardelli for tastes, pairings and to stock up on your chocolaty favorites.
Offered daily, at 1pm, 3pm and 5:30pm, this event allows Guests to taste various spirits, and learn more about them from local experts. Price is $15 per person and a full schedule can be found HERE, and reservations can be booked with the friendly agents from Kingdom Konsultants.
Offered selected Saturdays at 9:15 am, this seminar teaches Guests about the various flavors and textures of cheeses and how best to pair them with your favorite alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is included, and the price is $89 per person. For a full schedule, click HERE.
Offered daily at 12pm and 2pm, these 45 minute demonstrations will show Guests how the pros do it, and give you the chance to enjoy the fruits of the chef's labor, plus a small sampling of a paired wine or beer. Price is $15 per person, and a full schedule can be found HERE.
Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!
Cake decorating and mixology are just a couple of the skills that will be explored in these workshops. Held daily, from 4pm-5:15pm, pricing is $49 per Guest. You can learn a new kitchen skill from a true expert! The full schedule of classes is HERE.
What's Cookin' With...
Do you dream of having a celebrity chef make you breakfast, while sharing with you all of his or her best tips? Well, you'll love this experience! On selected Fridays and Sundays, chefs like Buddy Valastro from "Cake Boss", and Cat Cora from "Iron Chef" will roll out the red carpet and welcome Guests to join them for breakfast. Pricing is $129 per person. and for the full schedule, click HERE.
Grand Tasting Events
- Rockin' Burger Block Party: On selected Friday nights, join master chefs and sample their take on sliders and burgers, while enjoying a rockin' soundtrack. Prices range from $99-$199 per person, depending on whether you include reserved seating and/or the premium bar option. For more info, click HERE.
- Party for the Senses: Enjoy live musical and magic acts, while feasting on samplings from over 50 tasting stations. Alcohol is included, (for Guests over 21), as well as reserved seating at a Eat to the Beat concert. Prices range from $169- $329 per person, depending on whether you select general admission, reserved seating, or the upgraded Wine View Lounge option. There are even themed nights, like Chefs of Disney Springs, Chefs of the Disney Parks, and the Halloween themed "Yelloween". For more details, click HERE.
Festival Packages and Activities
- Tasting Sampler: A sampling package that includes a voucher for 8 Food and Wine booth items of your choosing, as well as an exclusive pin and lanyard, for $59, plus tax. This option can be purchased at multiple spots around the park.
- Illuminations Dessert Party: Enjoy desserts, sparkling wines, coffee and more, as you watch Illuminations from an exclusive viewing location. Pricing is $49 per adult and $29 per child, (ages 3-9). For more information, click HERE.
Specialty Dining and Pairings
- French Family Meal Traditions: Savor an authentic French meal, and wine pairings, and even take home a copy of Paul Bocuse's recipe book! Located in Monsieur Paul's, pricing is $95 per person and click HERE for details.
- Hibachi Experience: Inside Teppan Edo, enjoy an 8 course hibachi cooking experience, including sake pairings. Pricing is $160 per Guests and you can click HERE for more details.
- Italian Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon: Inside the wine cellar of Tutto Gusto, enjoy a 5 course Italian meal, with perfectly paired wines and spirits. Pricing is $99 per Guest and you can learn more by clicking HERE.
- Italian Food: Wine Vs. Beer Pairing: This 5 course Italian feast is served inside Via Napoli and includes hand-selected wines and beers of the chef's choosing. Pricing is $88 per Guest and more information can be obtained HERE.
- Japanese Craft Beer Tasting: Served at the outside garden deck, six different food items will be paired with Japanese craft beers. Pricing is $60 per person and more info is HERE.
- Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing: Over at Spice Road Table, Guests can enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean, including Morocco and beyond, all paired with the perfect wines. Pricing is $65 per Guest and more information is HERE.
- Mexican Tequila Lunch: This 4 course Mexican meal is served inside La Hacienda de San Angel, and it's all paired up with various tequilas. Prices are $85 per Guest. For more info, click HERE.
- Moroccan Food and Wine Pairing: Inside Restaurant Marrakesh, enjoy 3 tasting-size courses and unique Moroccan wines. This culinary adventure is $62 per Guest and details are HERE.
- Parisian Breakfast: An authentic French breakfast, inside Chefs de France, including fresh made baguettes, croissants and more. Pricing is $40 per person and details are HERE.
- Parisian Afternoon: Indulge in French finger sandwiches, pastries and desserts, while sipping unlimited mimosas. Located inside Monsieur Paul's, this event is $55 per Guest and detailed information can be found HERE.
- Tokyo Pairing: 3 enticing Japanese courses, including sushi and sake, are served inside Tokyo Dining and will be $150 per Guest. To learn more, click HERE.
Dining Events at Disney Resorts (NEW!!!)
- Brunch with a Twist at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort: An incredible 5 course brunch at Citricos! Watch the chefs of the Grand Floridian prepare your meal, and get the chance to ask questions and learn their tricks, before enjoying your amazing feast. Offered on October 6th and November 3rd only, the meal is from 12pm-2pm and will cost you $169 per person. See full details HERE.
- The Secrets of Flavor: Held at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, start with a 60 minute tasting session and lesson on how sensory memory helps us determine our favorite foods. After the tasting, use your 5 senses to enjoy a 3 course lunch. Offered on September 22nd, October 20th and November 3rd only, from 12pm-2pm. See details HERE.
- Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto: Learn the history of this unique tiki lounge, and learn how to make their famous cocktails. You will also get to enjoy some Polynesian bites and tastes, and take home a souvenier mug. Prices are $99 per person, and the experience is only offered September 21st and 28th and October 5th and 12th, from 12pm-2pm. Details are found HERE.
- Culinary Advnetures with a Master Chef: Prepare a meal, in 60 minutes, in a professional kitchen, under the toutalage of Disney's best chefs. Then enjoy a 5 course "Chef's Table" meal, with wine pairings. The event will be held at the Convention Center of the Contemporary Resort, and will be offered on October 7th and 21st, and November 3rd and 9th, from 5:30pm - 8:30pm. Pricing is $259 per person and HERE are the deatils.
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining
Disney's top chefs will be designing multi-course meals, complete with wine/beer/cocktail pairings, to tickle Guests' taste buds. Reservations can be booked by a Kingdom Konsultants agent, and more information can be found HERE. Here are the planned events:
- Sep. 15th: The Boathouse - Champagne welcome reception with signature cocktails and raw bar, followed by 4 course meal. $150 per person
- Sep. 20th: ESPN Club - Beer tasting lunch. $119 per person
- Sep. 24th: Narcoossee's - 5 course meal with wine pairings. $199 per person
- Sep. 27th: ESPN Club - Beer tasting lunch. $119 per person
- Sep. 28th: Portobello Country Italian Trattoria - Reception-style Italian meal with wine pairings. $110 per person
- Oct. 4th: ESPN Club - Beer tasting lunch. $119 per person
- Oct. 5th: Trattoria al Forno - Fine Italian dinner and wine pairing. $139 per person
- Oct. 6th: Yachtsman Steakhouse - 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings. $229 per person
- Oct. 8th: Artist's Point - Farm-to-Table luncheon with wine pairings. $169 per person
- Oct. 14th: Contemporary Catering Chef's Table - Molecular Gastronomy Reception and Wishes fireworks viewing. $259 per person
- Oct. 20th: Raglan Road - Craft beers and a gastro-pub feast. $177 per person
- Oct. 20th: Hollywood Brown Derby - 5 course meal with wine pairings. $199 per person
- Oct. 21st: Victoria and Albert's - An incomparable 10 course meal with wine pairings. $600 per person
- Oct. 26th: The Wave - 5 course farm-to-table lunch with wine pairings. $169 per person
- Oct. 27th: Flying Fish Cafe - Surf and turf meal with wine pairings. $199 per person
- Oct. 27th: California Grill - Elegant dinner with wine pairings. $319 per person
- Oct. 28th: Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium - 5 food and beverage pairings. $79 per person
- Nov. 2nd: Trattoria al Forno - Elegant Italian lunch with wine pairings. $139 per person
- Nov. 3rd: Flying Fish Cafe - Surf and turf dinner with wine pairings. $199 per person
- Nov. 10th: Trattoria al Forno - Elegant Italian dinner with wine pairings. $169 per person
- Nov. 10th: Flying Fish Cafe - Surf and turf dinner with wine pairings. $199 per person
- Nov. 12th: Jiko - Upscale African dinner with wine pairings. $199 per person
Oh, and don't forget all of the Food and Wine Festival themed shopping, pin trading, the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and more! There's so much to do, you'll need more than just one day to get it all in!
Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival is by far one of, if not, THE best event that Disney offers in the whole year! Don't miss out! To plan your trip, hook up with an awesome travel agent on the Kingdom Konsultant Travel page, or by calling into them. The agents can help you make dining plans, book any of the events, give you advice and more.
That's all, folks! Be sure and keep an eye out for updates and reviews as they become available. Oh, and....
- Jenn aka "Tink"